We now handle all classes of Livestock on a deadweight basis at Acklington.
- Prime Cattle
- Young Bulls
- Cast Cows
- Cast Bulls
- Prime Lambs
- Prime Hogget’s
- Cast Ewes
- Cast Rams
All are sold through the Market via collection centre or farm direct to several leading abattoirs across the UK.
- Clean cattle can be paid up to 480kg dead weight.
- Butchers heifers can be handled to a premium 280kg to 340kg – E and U grades.
- All grades catered for.
- Farm Assured and Non-Farm Assured
- Young Bulls Under 16 Mths – Farm Assured
- Young Bulls Over 16 Mths – Farm Assured and Non-Farmed Assured.
- Cast Cows of all breeds at all weights (including dairy) FA and Non-FA.
We also have specialist dead weight markets for:
- Aberdeen Angus sired cattle
- Young Bulls
- Butchers Heifers 280kg to 390kg E. & U. Grades
- Cull Beef Cows
- Cull Dairy Cows
- Light Lambs – Any Weight
- Hill Lambs – Any Weight
- Cast Ewes – Lean to Fat
Andrew Armstrong brings a wealth of experience to Acklington mart in handling dead weight stock and has built up a good rapport with abattoirs throughout the UK.
He now heads the procurement team at Acklington which can advise farmers to the correct route to market for all their livestock marketing needs.
The team can visit your farm to select animals so they can be best placed thus realising their full potential.
Large or small numbers can be catered for.
Armstrong 07766 914 075 - Andrew Brown
07818 552 555 - Office 01670 760 331